- ID: 10658
- Views: 313
3924 Bingham Hill Road is a 5.9-acre slice of heaven that exudes “rustic elegance” located in what many locals believe is the most romantic area of northern Colorado. Whether you are looking for a property with income opportunities or a serene place to raise a family this property offers both. Currently, the property is used for the owner’s residence, an event center, and until very recently, a boutique winery. If growing things is your passion, there are currently 6 +/- acres of grapes and Aronia being grown, with additional space available for planting. There may not be another property in Colorado that has the flexibility and ready-made opportunities that exist at this property.
Located in a Larimer County FA-Farming Zoning District, besides the residential use, the Larimer County Approved Uses that go with the property in perpetuity include:
● Community Hall/Events Center Use,
● Seasonal Camp Use,
● Bed and Breakfast Use,
● Value Added Agricultural Processing and Agritourism Use. (which was very recently operated as a boutique winery)
This meticulously kept property is located just 15 minutes from downtown Fort Collins, Colorado, frequently voted as one of the best small cities in the United States. The property is situated 300 yards off of Bingham Hill Road and is only 5 minutes from Horsetooth Reservoir and Lory State Park, and a ½ mile from the Cache La Poudre River and the paved bicycle trail
that parallels the river for 40 miles to the east. The property is a combination of manicured open space, incredible views from all sides of the house and yet is in close proximity to the area’s best attractions.
If living close to nature is important, you have found the right place. Wild turkeys and Canada geese and several species of ducks, as well as white tail and mule deer are on the property daily. Frequently seen are Bald and Golden eagles, red tail hawks, turkey vultures, blue herons, and ospreys, all of which nest nearby. Other frequently seen animals include coyotes, bobcats, and raccoons. However it is not unusual, depending on the time of year, to see a bear or mountain lion passing through.
● 4,500 sq.ft with 5 bedrooms, 1-full bathroom, 4-¾ bathrooms and 2-half bathrooms.
● Spacious master bedroom that opens to a private deck, and has a 4’x7’ picture window, large walk-in closet with space and plumbing for a personal washer and dryer.
● The Master Bathroom includes a 2 person jetted tub, two person shower, enclosed water closet, two-sink countertop with full vanity mirror, linen closet, and a 4’x6’ picture window.
● Large, open-concept kitchen with a large pantry, gas range, dishwasher, double ovens, two-compartment sink, substantial cabinet space with 27 feet of counter top, not including an island with a bar-style countertop that seats four.
● Open dining room with 19’ vaulted ceiling including 3-3’x4’ skylights, tile flooring connected to the kitchen that allows for large table setup, built in enclosed china cabinet, and 4-3’x 8’ sliding glass doors that open to a 2 level deck overlooking 4 water features, one of which is a waterfall running into a pond teeming with rainbow trout.
● Great room with 19’ vaulted ceiling, dimmable accent lighting, hand scraped cherry wood floors, gas fireplace within a large stone wall that includes a tile hearth, powder room, natural pine paneling, large north and east facing picture windows, and atrium door that opens to a 18’x31’ deck, all of which combine to let the beautiful Colorado sunshine in.
● Three ground level bedrooms, two with en-suite bathrooms, and another with a spacious full bathroom across the hall.
● Garden level living area adjoining aforementioned bedrooms with full kitchen. Perfect for a “man cave” or “she shed”, children’s play area, or living room for bed and breakfast/vacation rental use.
● Expansive heated two-car garage with bathroom, refrigerated drinking fountain, substantial overhead storage and plenty of space for tools, appliances, and more.
● Ground level +/-500 sq. ft. Home Office area with vaulted ceilings, separate entrance, 5 large windows overlooking a running creek water feature, hand scraped distressed wood floor, spaces for multiple desks, natural pine wall and ceiling accents, and a conference room with French doors. Easily adapted for other “flex space” opportunities.
Events Center/Basketball Court
● 94’ x 50’ rustic natural wood decorated room has 20 ft. walls and 26’ ceiling, fire sprinkler protected, previously used as a full-court gymnasium for seasonal camps and as an event venue for hosting wedding receptions, fundraisers and other corporate events.
● Larimer County licensed catering kitchen featuring stainless steel countertops and appliances, 3 compartment sink, prep sink, handwashing sinks, industrial icemaker and dishwasher,
● Two handicap bathrooms, additional men’s bathroom, +/- 300 sq.ft. room previously used as a bridal suite. Also includes three separate shower rooms previously used for seasonal camp activities.
● Sidewalks wrapped completely around the building with three ADA-compliant ramps leading to the community room and kitchen area.
● 77 space all-weather parking lot.
● Fully functional septic system
Value Added Agriculture Processing (VAAP) Use Building
● 2,770 sq. ft. recently completed structure with rustic charm originally designed as a boutique winery but can easily be converted to many other VAAP uses.
● 35’ x 24’ outdoor patio, two tasting rooms, two handicap and two additional bathrooms, natural gas fireplace, and waiting room/retail area.
● 575 sq. ft. refrigerated room with 3 compartment sink and industrial dishwasher.
● Gorgeous flagstone landscaping with a waterfall and creek as you enter the building, grass yard and 24 car parking area.
● +/- .6 acres of planted wine grapes and Aronia berries.
● Because there is an unlimited amount of free water to irrigate with, the entire 5.9-acre property is fully irrigated by an automated drip and sprinkler irrigation system.
● Starting at the entrance to the property, you travel along a 200 yards of all-weather driveway, paralleling a hedge of 25 year old 25’ tall Colorado Blue Spruce. The view is even grander when you arrive to see that the entire property is composed of Colorado flagstone walkways, lush grass, a beautiful arbor, a small waterfall that morphs into a live creek, as well as mature landscaping and flower gardens any direction you look, all of which are meticulously cared for.
● The 30 yard diameter 15 foot deep pond in the front yard is teeming with 2-3 pound trout and bass with one edge of the pond lined by a 72’ x 36’ white sand beach. The remainder of the pond edges are comprised of large Colorado Red native stones harvested from a nearby quarry. The grandest spectacle is the 8 foot tall waterfall that cascades into the pond, and is the directly across from the dining area of the house as well as the two level front deck.
● Two large gazebos are situated on the pond, each with stone steps and composite decking. Both of these are ideal for wedding ceremonies and other intimate events.
● There are three large fenced areas on the north side of the house…..one is the family back yard, one is used as the dog pen for the owners’ two Labrador Retrievers and the third area is an orchard and vegetable garden.
● Dedicated to the property in 1885, a free water right provides as much as 271 acre-feet of water annually.
● Can be used year-around for irrigation and domestic use
● Infrastructure exists on the entire property for both drip and sprinkler irrigation.